With this information, it is easier to plan your stay as some museums and attractions close during certain bank holidays.
Public holidays in London
- New Year: 1 January
- Good Friday: (the date changes from year to year).
- Easter Monday: (the date changes from year to year).
- Early May bank holiday: First Monday in May
- Spring bank holiday: Last Monday in May
- Summer bank holiday: Last Monday in August
- Christmas: 25 December
- Boxing Day (St. Stephen’s Day): 26 December. During the nineteenth century, this was the day the English upper class would give their servants presents, in return for the services rendered during the year. Nowadays, Boxing Day is the first day of sales in the UK.