Money-saving tips for visiting London
Although London is one of the most expensive cities in the world, visitors have to keep in mind that most of the city's museums are free, and that there are other numerous ways of saving-money when visiting the UK's capital, for example, by purchasing a tourist pass or getting the 2FOR1 offers.
Find out how to save money on some of London's top attractions:
Discounts and tourist cards
- The London Pass gives free access to over 50 attractions in London. Find out which ones and where you can get this tourist card.
- National Rail offers tourists 2FOR1 offers. This is the easiest and most convenient way of saving when visiting London. Find out more on where to find these deals and where and how you can use them.
Other ways of saving money
Although some of these options will seem obvious to most, it is always a good idea to mention them:
- Buy the flight as many months in advance as possible or when you find a cheap deal.
- Book your hotel/apartment online in advance. If you find a great deal once you’ve booked your hotel, normally there shouldn’t be a problem, since you can cancel the reservation for free.
- Don’t forget to take your youth card, student card or any other type of card you might have that will give you a discount when visiting London’s attractions.
- Buy the TravelCard or Oyster Card when using public transport.
- Make the most of the free museums.
- Have something fast and cheap for lunch, so that you can spend more during the evening and you can make the most of your day in the city.