London is an expensive city and this is especially apparent when looking for accommodation in the city centre. Although it is sometimes challenging to find a double room in a central hotel for less than 90£ (US$110.4) a night, if you book several months in advance, it is possible to find affordable prices.
Here there is a list of London prices:
Food and beverages
- Coffee: 3£ (US$3.7)
- A pint: 5£ (US$6.1) - 6£ (US$7.4)
- Dinner for two in a restaurant: minimum £40 (without wine).
- A single journey on the Tube (zones 1 - 3): 4,50£ (US$5.5)
- 1-day Travelcard for peak hours (zones 1-2): 12,10£ (US$14.8)
- 2-Day London Pass: 79£ (US$96.9)
- Taxi from Heathrow Airport to the city centre: between 45£ (US$55.2) and 85£ (US$104.2)
- A night in a hotel in the city centre: minimum 90£ (US$110.4)